Code of Conduct for Juniors
This code of conduct has been written to ensure that all junior members who are taking part in coaching activities and matches as members of Marlow Cricket Club know and understand the standards of behaviour that are expected of them. This will help the volunteers, coaches and staff at the club look after you and make sure that every young person is able to enjoy their time with us. This document will remain valid for the season.
- Treat all other cricketers, whether adult or junior, with the same respect and fairness you would like them to show you.
- All members should be able to participate in cricket without fear of ridicule, harassment or restriction. Uphold this value in all that you do.
- Demonstrate fair play on and off the pitch. Respect differences in age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, class or social background, sexual preference and political beliefs between yourself and others.
- Challenge discrimination and prejudice.
- Look out for yourself and the welfare of others.
- Promote the positive aspects of Cricket e.g. fair play
- Do not engage in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour.
- Challenge behaviour that falls below the expected standards of the Club.
- Speak out if you are concerned about anything, your own needs or the needs of others. • Be organised and on time.
- Do not leave the Club following a coaching session or match without the knowledge and permission of the coach, manager, captain or person in charge.
- Listen to the coaches, managers and other members of the Club and comply with their requests. They have your best interests and those of the whole group in mind.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour at all times.
- Advise the coach or manager of any medical conditions which may affect your standard of play.
You must not:
- Consume alcohol or illegal and performance-enhancing drugs
- Use foul language
- Engage in sexual behaviour
Updated 23rd March 2023